SAS Yet Again
Smith, Ann (ISD, IT)
2006-03-02 16:23:58 UTC
We have a new SAS rep so I asked again about SAS being supported under linux on the mainframe.
I again got the usual response 'Noone has ever asked for it'.
In the past 3 years we'vre sent the emails to Erik Burgdorf, filled out questionnaires, etc. etc. I have now been told to send something to ***@sas.com.
I think I'm ready to give up but if others still care about SAS they can try ***@sas.com. I can't guarantee they care about customer suggestions.

confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
destroy all copies.
Aria Bamdad
2006-03-02 16:28:13 UTC
Ann,

I feel your pain!!

I think what we need to do is organize and put pressure on the right
people with one collective voice rather than yell one at a time.

I am willing to organize this and maybe setup a conference call
with SAS. ONLY if you are willing to participate.

As a start, please e-mail me your contact information including the
organization you represent. I will compile this information and
then will be in contact with you regarding what we can do next.

Thanks.
Aria.
We have a new SAS rep so I asked again about SAS being supported under linu=
x on the mainframe.
I again got the usual response 'Noone has ever asked for it'.
In the past 3 years we'vre sent the emails to Erik Burgdorf, filled out que=
s.com.
I think I'm ready to give up but if others still care about SAS they can tr=
=20
Doug Shupe
2006-03-04 14:26:04 UTC
Listers,
Why waste your time on a company bent on breaking the bank ?
Do you want to be put in the same situation as the z/OS folks - wondering
how to pay the upgrade charges ?
Just watch your IFL's zIIP'sand zAAP's get covered by the SAS charges, you
will end up looking like the fool even though they say they are looking at
other pricing options.

SAS is best left on the store shelf, not in Linux.

Regards, Doug